[oe] Fwd: [FOSDEM Booth] Hardware insurance

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Fri Jan 26 20:42:31 UTC 2007

Dnia piątek, 26 stycznia 2007 21:29, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer napisał:

> Hardware Insurance
> ==================

Do we know what kind of hardware we want to show on booth?

Mickeyl proposed Zaurus palmtops which will show different distros  so it
can be OpenZaurus/OPIE, OpenZaurus/GPE, Ångström/X11 but I do not know
does Ångström has working X11 images.

NSLU2-Linux powered devices were also mentioned.

Probably some Neo1973 phones will be taken by developers.

I think that when it comes to palmtops it would be good to show something
other then just Zaurus models because we had 'OE == OZ' years ago and
finally got rid about it.

Also having non-palmtops will allow us to get rid of 'OE is for palmtops'
thing.

I can get Progear webpad - need to get X11 working on it first.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

Perl - The only language that looks the same before and after RSA
encryption.