[oe] [RFC] Adding screen dimensions to machine configs

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Jul 9 15:15:10 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 9 lipca 2007, Graeme Gregory napisał:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2007 at 04:19:25PM +0200, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
> > > Maybe a MACHINE_DEFAULT_ROTATION is also needed.
> >
> > I don't think so. What applications care about is if portrait or
> > landscape is the common default and this is already encoded in HEIGHT
> > and WIDTH.
>
> Applications do care, a short snippet of /etc/X11/Xserver
>
>         "SHARP Shepherd" | "SHARP Husky" | "SHARP Corgi")
>                 ARGS="$ARGS -dpi 200 -rgba rgb" ;;
>         "SHARP Spitz" | "SHARP Akita" | "SHARP Borzoi")
>                 ARGS="$ARGS -dpi 200 -rgba rgb -screen 480x640 at 270" ;;

ARGS="$ARGS -screen ${DISPLAY_WIDTH_PIXELS}x${DISPLAY_HEIGHT_PIXELS}@${DISPLAY_ORIENTATION}x${DISPLAY_BPP}"

if [ ! -z "$DISPLAY_DPI" ]; then
        ARGS="$ARGS -dpi $DISPLAY_DPI"
fi

This is Poky version of that part XServer script - no machine related code
at all. Of course it support only machines with formfactor defines.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

       Nazwałem swojego psa Internet, bo robi wuf... wuf... wuf...