[oe] [RFC] Adding screen dimensions to machine configs

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 21:21:28 UTC 2007

Hello Dr.,

Monday, July 9, 2007, 11:01:36 PM, you wrote:

> To summarize:

> It looks like we can agree to adding information to the
> MACHINE_DISPLAY_ namespace.

> However, we're undecided regarding the semantics. Some of think the
> physical hardware information need to be there, some of us want the
> logical (including kernel-level gfx hardware rotation), some of us
> want a high-level meaning.

> How do we proceed now? Collect more arguments in favour or against or
> shall we vote? Who is having a voice?

  I proposed to model variables in those namespace on the formfactor
package, and with Richard's and Marcin's explaining that there intention
was to have "physical" parameters, and with Graeme's vote, that's
apparently the way to go.

  From my side, proposal to use logical meaning was an RFC, and
choosing other semantics won't change situation much.

--
Best regards,
 Paul                            mailto:pmiscml at gmail.com