[oe] [Angstrom-devel] Legends, legends all around

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Jul 23 10:39:36 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-07-23 at 02:53 +0200, Dr. Michael Lauer wrote:
> *sigh*
>
> WTF is happening here? I don't know who did what and actually to be
> honest, I don't care, because I don't think we have enough resources
> to let such valuable contributors go away -- no matter how this
> incident started and who is responsible.
>
> That makes me sad.

You're not the only one. Rolf is (or was? :-( ) a valuable contributor
and I not happy he's felt he had to leave. It looks like acts from both
sides contributed towards this although I'm not going any further into
it as I don't think it will help. Given certain past experiences at
least one side should have known better, stepped back and asked someone
else to mediate or at least acted differently.

As a note to everyone else, if you are having problems with anyone else
on any project, do please talk to one of the other devs and see if the
situation can be solved *before* people feel their only option is to
walk out.

I know my time is limited and I can't watch as many mailing lists as
closely as I'd like but am prepared to try help when pointed at
something and I suspect this applies to other devs too.

Richard - equally sad :-(