[oe] sourcedsc.bbclass

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 21:47:32 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm sending the sourcedsc.bbclass that I've coded. What I want is that
you take a look and give me your feed back.

First of all sorry for the delay, but I was doing other things in my
work that spent my time and I did write all this code again from
scratch...

The first code that I've sent to this list was based on
package_deb.bbclass where I was getting the source after do_patch and
before do_configure, recreating the debian control directory, trying
to recreate the .orig.tar.gz and using dpkg-source to generate dsc.

Using this approach:
- I was getting some errors when recreating the .orig.tar.gz
- I was having problems with the rules generation
- it was not creating the .changes file
- and others that I'm not remembering right now...

Someone have suggested me to try the inherit of sourcepkg, but when I
was looking to this approach I've notice that some of my problems
won't be solved and I decided to erase my bbclass file and restart
coding from scratch using the dh_make to generate the debian control
directory and dpkg-buildpackage -S to generate all necessary files:
- .dsc
- .orig.tar.gz
- .changes

I know that for .deb generation the dpkg-deb approach is much better,
but to generate the dsc I believe that the dpkg-buildpackage is easier
and more complete. A possible idea for the future is to use the
pbuilder of emdebian to build the .deb from the .dsc... but it is just
an idea...

Other reason for the delay is that I did some tests here to be sure
that this dsc generation is working fine. The result? Well, now I have
all .dsc that I need under mamona repository. ;)

Thanks in advance,
Best Regards,
vivijim

--