[oe] Building auxiliary tools in qmake2-native

Michael Krelin hacker at klever.net
Tue Jul 24 12:59:59 UTC 2007

> Will the opie-lrelease-native work? If not, a lrelease-native package
> sounds like the way to go.

I'd guess opie-lrelease-native is a bit outdated for qt4, but I've never
used it, so I'm not sure.

>>> I'm pretty much agnostic about the breakdown of the particular
>>> packages that end up providing the native tools used during target
>>> builds.
>> I understand, this pretty general question was a call for opinions.
>
> The general idea is OE should build its own tools where its feasible to
> do so. Since most of the QT tools already exist, it sounds like we just
> need to add a missing one.
>
> Note that anyone wanting to shortcut the builds can do so by setting the
> ASSUME_PROVIDED variable to contain the native packages they don't wish
> to build.

That wasn't a question of whether we should use build system's qt tools,
it was about not splitting qt into many native packages, but rather
using a single qt-native, since, for instance, qmake2-native has to
build half a qt, anyway, to support qt3 compatibility layer. I don't
think dropping qt3support is a feasible option. If not, then, of course
adding a missing lrelease-native is the way to go.

Love,