[oe] Why many small commits are better than one big one.

jack-oe at mudshark.org jack-oe at mudshark.org
Wed Jul 25 16:02:08 UTC 2007

On Wed, Jul 25, 2007 at 12:30:07PM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:

> You are right that it's more productive to fix small errors than to disapprove, but:
> I did that the first few times with PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE}", and people still keep
> adding it, so now I'm doing dissaprove + mail to oe-devel to raise awareness.
> Fixing errors afterwards is only productive if people learn from it and stop making the
> same error again, which wasn't the case here.

"disapprove" is a useful command.

If you commit your changes in multiple orthogonal commits, it is possible to
disapprove only the controversial parts. Prevents throwing the baby out with
the bathwater.

Cheers,

--Jack

--
Jack (John) Cummings                           http://mudshark.org/
PGP fingerprint: F18B 13A3 6D06 D48A 598D  42EA 3D53 BDC8 7917 F802