[oe] [Bitbake-dev] The future of "svnnow"

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Tue Jul 31 00:22:42 UTC 2007

I should also add, the changes so far are in bitbake trunk and in the
bitbake 1.8 svn branch. I've added the definition of SRCREV to
bitbake.conf in OE.dev so anyone wishing to experiment with this can do
so just by changing the PV as discussed in a .bb file...

Please don't check in such changes yet though.

I guess we could have a "I-use-bitbake-1.8-trunk.conf" that does

PV_pn-somepackage1 = "x.y.z+svnr${SRCREV}"
PV_pn-somepackage2 = "x.y.z+svnr${SRCREV}"

but thats probably insane and a sign I should sleep :)

Richard