[oe] strange error: missing depends...

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Jun 4 14:29:28 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 4 czerwca 2007, Rodrigo Vivi napisał:
> On 6/4/07, Marcin Juszkiewicz <openembedded at hrw.one.pl> wrote:
> > Dnia piątek, 1 czerwca 2007, Rodrigo Vivi napisał:
> > > I believe that sometimes you just need the packageA without their
> > > rdepends, but it will be pretty useful it bitbake provided an easy
> > > option to build every depends... something like:
> > > bitbake packageA --build-rdepends
> >
> > All DEPENDS and RDEPENDS are built during build of packageA - so no
> > need for "--build-rdepends" flag.
>
> But it doesn't call for do_write_package that really creates the
> package... The idea is to have a flag to do that... Maybe this
> "--build-rdepends" are not a good label to describe what I really
> want...

do_write_packages is one of "lowest priority" tasks as nothing in build
depend on them. So they are started at then end of whole build.

When I started my last build first lot of packages started to
fetch/unpack/patch (independent tasks), then some of them started to
configure (here some depends on do_populate_staging of others) and
compile (depend on configure ones). After compile they start to install,
package and stage (order is set in configs). Creating of packages (can be
few formats) is done after all those tasks are done. For big builds it
can take a lot of time until first packages will be generated.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

               Life's not fair. But the root password helps.