[oe] issues with oe.org website

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Wed Jun 6 23:03:11 UTC 2007

Hi,

something seems to be wrong with the server that openembedded.org runs on.

hvontres reminded me that I do have a shell account on linuxtogo.org who
kindly host the site and other things.  Thus I think I was able to
dispell the first belief that the machine is just plain and simple
overloaded.  Looking at top, I frequently see the machine going up to a
load of 20 over extended periods of time.  At the same time, the CPU is
around 90% idle.  Is there something I/O-bound? kernel bug (as suggested
by wirelessdreamer on IRC)?  Imminent hardware-failure?

Certainly something to look into.

Regards

Rolf