[oe] issues with oe.org website

Florian Boor florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de
Thu Jun 7 02:10:39 UTC 2007

Hi,

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> something seems to be wrong with the server that openembedded.org runs on.
> hvontres reminded me that I do have a shell account on linuxtogo.org who
> kindly host the site and other things.  Thus I think I was able to
> dispell the first belief that the machine is just plain and simple
> overloaded.  Looking at top, I frequently see the machine going up to a
> load of 20 over extended periods of time.  At the same time, the CPU is
> around 90% idle.  Is there something I/O-bound? kernel bug (as suggested
> by wirelessdreamer on IRC)?  Imminent hardware-failure?

right, we noticed the same some days ago. For some reason that effect was gone
when I checked later. I suspect a problem with the combination of I/O throughput
(maybe a bad driver) and swapping. I am going to look into this as soon as I am
back home next week.

Greetings

Florian

--
The dream of yesterday                  Florian Boor
is the hope of today                    Tel: +49 271-771091-14
[Robert Hutchings Goddard, 1904]        florian.boor at kernelconcepts.de

1D78 2D4D 6C53 1CA4 5588  D07B A8E7 940C 25B7 9A76