[oe] JFFS2 trouble

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Thu Jun 7 14:10:29 UTC 2007

Dnia czwartek, 7 czerwca 2007, Valentin Longchamp napisał:

> I can boot on the jffs2 images loading them into flash, which is nice.
> However I have noticed that these jffs2 images have several problems:
>
> 1) Running the nfsroot on the dev board, when I want to mount the jffs2
> filesystem from the corresponding mtd device, I have to use the
> corresponding mtdblock and not directly the mtd device. But I have no
> error in dmesg.
>
> > root at mx31ads:/$ mount -t jffs2 /dev/mtd2 /media/flash
> > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mtd2,

Use "mtdX" instead of "/dev/mtdX". This method was mentioned on this
mailing list before:

Subject: RFC: stop mounting /dev/mtdblockX but mount mtdX (without /dev)
From: Koen Kooi <koen at dominion.kabel.utwente.nl>
Date: 21/02/2007 21:20

Working example:

root at c7x0:~# mount mtd3 /home/ -t jffs2
root at c7x0:~# uname -a
Linux c7x0 2.6.21 #2 PREEMPT Wed Jun 6 16:33:32 CEST 2007 armv5tel unknown

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

          Warning: Dates in calendar are closer than they appear.