[oe] Need advice on changing kernel.bbclass

Mike (mwester) mwester at dls.net
Thu Jun 7 20:51:26 UTC 2007

Yes indeed - I agree with the reasoning for the change; I think the current
scheme is far closer to "correct" in terms of dependencies than the old one.

I poked at the existing kernel-2.4.22-xfs and kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs ipkgs
and dependencies on both the original (in the field) Unslung images, and on
the images as built by OE today.  As it turns out, on the original image,
kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs is not empty (it claims to contain the compressed
kernel image), however kernel-2.4.22-xfs does not exist at all.  So if I
understand ipkg and dependencies correctly, I believe that your suggestion
(adding an empty package to the feeds) should work fine.

Thanks for you suggestion -- I'll go work on that direction instead!

Regards,
Mike (mwester)