[oe] problems doing bitbake task-base

Luís Cargnini lvcargnini at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 02:40:51 UTC 2007

thanks for your answers
So why OE perl-native isn't compiling for me ???
and perl-native use my host kernel ? probably not, because in this case we
won't have problem with page.h ? I'm right ?
And how to fix this ???

On 6/13/07, Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 02:32:47AM +1000, "Luís Cargnini" wrote:
> > So what you are telling me is this perl is been compiled to run over my
> host
> > machine ?
>
> Yes.
>
> > So it is not been cross-compiled for my target ?
>
> THe perl build system uses itself during the build. Obviously it
> can't use itself when built for the target. So we have to build perl
> first and then trick the perl build into using parts of the native
> build while trying to cross-compile for the target (shared
> libraries).
>
> So anything perl related *always* (including any perl modules) always
> needs to compile the native version first before the verison for the
> target.
>
> [...]
> > just put it as a pre-requisite for OE installation !
> > my perl --version of gentoo installed version:
> > enterprise ~ # perl --version
>
> We can't use the host perl because we need both the native and target
> versions to match - this means not just version numbers but
> *everything*, every option and every installed module.
>
> Also while you have have the same verison of perl there's no
> guarantee that this would be the case.
>
> [...]
> --
> Jamie Lenehan <lenehan at twibble.org>

Thanks && Regards
Msc. Bsc. Luís Vitório Cargnini
IEEE Member
Electrical Engineer Faculty @ PUCRS
Ipiranga Avenue, 6681 – Building 30
P.O. Box: 90619-900 – Porto Alegre/RS
Phone: +55 51 3320 3500  extension: 7696