[oe] [RFC] locales

Michael Krelin hacker at klever.net
Wed Jun 20 10:45:15 UTC 2007

I do not see why do we want to get rid of non-utf locales. Wouldn't an
attempt to make utf-locales work more productive? And I believe making
things work should be of higher priority than making packaging friendlier.

At the moment, we have troubles entering non-latin utf8 in x11. That
should be fixed before going any further. And before you can fix it you
need to find out what exactly the problem is. This is where I'd suggest
that we start at.

Love,