[oe] [RFC] Creating an OpenEmbedded founation

Holger Freyther zecke at selfish.org
Thu Jun 21 17:11:50 UTC 2007

Am 15.06.2007 um 16:10 schrieb Gerwin van der Kruis:

> Is there any news on that ?

Hey,

Florian talked with Martin 'Joey' Schulze one of board members of the
FFIS[1] and it might be possible to get an associated project with
this organisation.

Pros:
	-It is a european based non-protfit organization.
	-It is similiar to Software in the public interest
	-It has the tax-exemption status

Cons/Unknown:
	There are a couple of things we need to ask before asking to get an
associated project:
		-If people want to give money to OE and use FFIS, how much will be
given to OE?
		-What can we do with assets?
		-What will happen if we want/need to leave. Can we take donations
with us?
		-Can U.S. based people use SPI to give us money?

I think if we get a positive answer we should go the ffis route.

	z.

[1] http://www.ffis.de