[oe] [RFC] Creating an OpenEmbedded founation

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Thu Jun 21 20:17:42 UTC 2007

Dnia czwartek, 21 czerwca 2007, Holger Freyther napisał:

> Florian talked with Martin 'Joey' Schulze one of board members of the
> FFIS[1] and it might be possible to get an associated project with
> this organisation.

Can someone point to English version of their papers? Or atleast infos how
they differ from SPI?

> Pros:
> 	-It is a european based non-protfit organization.
> 	-It is similiar to Software in the public interest
> 	-It has the tax-exemption status

> Cons/Unknown:
> 	There are a couple of things we need to ask before asking to get an
> associated project:
> 	-If people want to give money to OE and use FFIS, how much will be
> given to OE?

SPI takes 5%

- how look using money which we get donated?

> 	-What can we do with assets?
> 	-What will happen if we want/need to leave. Can we take donations
> with us?

donations & assets

> I think if we get a positive answer we should go the ffis route.

If they are alive and works like SPI then I can vote for them. But
currently I cannot tell that I know something more then this letter.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

          It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid,
          than to open it and remove all doubt.