[oe] [RFC] base_less_or_equal() for numerical value testing in OE

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Mon Mar 5 08:12:43 UTC 2007

Dnia poniedziałek, 5 marca 2007, Koen Kooi napisał:
> Richard Purdie schreef:
> > On Mon, 2007-03-05 at 01:30 +0200, Paul Sokolovsky wrote:

> > You only ask for screen size but I can guarantee that wouldn't be the
> > last request. I'm dead set against this.

> Me too, since you will get something like this:

-1 from me too

> application_1.4.5-r5_bigscreen.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_ppc603e.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_armv5te.ipk
> application_1.4.5-r5_smallscreen.ipk

> Now Marcin wants to install 'application' on his webpad and it doesn't
> run. Why? Because 'application_1.4.5-r5_bigscreen.ipk' secretly is ARM
> instead of x86.

And what is bigscreen? VGA? SVGA? XGA? or maybe 1680x1050 which I use
under OE/x86 chroot system?

Instead of using crypto names like smallscreen/bigscreen we should use
MACHINE_ namespace instead:

MACHINE_SCREEN_RESOLUTION = "vga/svga/qvga/xga/wxga/hvga" etc
MACHINE_SCREEN_DPI = "100/280/75"

Because Neo1973 is smallscreen (2.8") but VGA (so bigscreen). I do not
feel good with using full AbiWord on it but probably AbiWord embedded
will be OK.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

         Real programmers don't document.
         If it was hard to write, it should be hard to understand.