[oe] [RFC] Allow to limit generated binary locales to predefined list

Jan Janssens janjans321 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 13 10:53:36 UTC 2007

>   My intention was to do as little (pre/post)processing/interpretation
> for GLIBC's SUPPORTED file as possible. Looking at what it has:
>
> aa_DJ.UTF-8 UTF-8
> aa_DJ ISO-8859-1
>
>   It's clear why dot couldn't be used - it already appears in
> SUPPORT's syntax. So, again, I don't try to interpret it in any way,
> just provide means to specify expressions of that syntax using OE variable,
> using simple substitution of newlines with spaces, and spaces with
> commas.
Ok, that makes sense.

I don't really get why the SUPPORTED file postfixes all UTF-8 locales
with ".UTF-8" as well as adds " UTF-8". That seems redundant
information; it seems all UTF-8 locales are in the form of
<locale>.UTF-8 UTF-8, while all other encodings simply use <locale>
<encoding>... Anyway, since we don't control that syntax, let's indeed
keep it simple and compatible.

I would like usage of the colon better than the comma though...

Jan.