[oe] Bad gcc packaging (libgcc-s1 instead of libgcc1)

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Mar 15 11:00:22 UTC 2007

I'm getting a libgcc-s1 package emitted by gcc_4.1.1.bb instead of the
normal libgcc1.  This is poisoning all builds that depend on libgcc1,
and is polluting the slugos feeds with bad dependencies.

I believe it is caused by the patch in
http://lists.linuxtogo.org/pipermail/openembedded-commits/2007-March/004007.html

I have tested reverting that patch locally, and the libgcc-s1 package
was not emitted.

So I wish to revert that patch.

I'm looking for confirmation that this problem is happening to others.
I will revert the patch locally on our autobuilder, and wait for
confirmation before committing that reversion.

-- Rod