[oe] RFC after the fact - bug 1987

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Fri Mar 16 16:16:34 UTC 2007

Hi,

it seems I have still a few things to learn as far as updating OE
metadata goes.  Furthermore it seems I might have created the first
major fuck-up.  I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to the
OE community.

Now, to sort things out; I committed
a96c9acac99b5599d2b0fb0a518603646414d166 yesterday to fix bug 1987.  It
seemed like an obvious case (move debug files into -dbg package) which
is why I dared to commit.  psokolovsky made me aware that an RFC had
been necessary to make this commit to a core part of OE and that it
might have broken compilation for some OE users.

Now here I am trying to do The Right Thing[TM].  I want to discuss "mtn
diff -r e9d53f524190d295cb769c7594711fd76eb197b7 -r
a96c9acac99b5599d2b0fb0a518603646414d166".  Please let me know if there
is anything wrong with this change.  If it should be reverted, feel free
to do so or let me know via mail or IRC and I will fix it pronto.

Regards

Rolf