[oe] False handling of image types (pls check assumptions of your distro)

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Mar 24 15:13:11 UTC 2007

Hello,

I noticed some regressions in building (multiple) image types:

I am building a "tar" and a "squashfs-lzma" image. There was a rm
wildcard so that my first-built image (link) got erased. I fixed that
in the repo.

classes/image.bbclass:96:               rm -f
${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_LINK_NAME}.*
classes/image.bbclass:97:               ln -s
${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.$type
${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_LINK_NAME}.$type

The second regression seems that the IMAGE_CMD_tar now compresses into
.tar.bz2.

conf/bitbake.conf:201:IMAGE_CMD_tar

However, we have the seperate "tar.bz2" type for that.

I am not fixing this yet, as Koen warned me some
"people/images/distros rely on the (wrong) behaviour".

So if you are such a entity, please fix now. I'll hold off the simple
fix to IMAGE_CMD_tar for some time,

Regards,
--
Leon