[oe] False handling of image types (pls check assumptions of your distro)

Richard Purdie rpurdie at rpsys.net
Mon Mar 26 09:29:06 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 16:13 +0100, Leon Woestenberg wrote:
> classes/image.bbclass:96:               rm -f
> ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_LINK_NAME}.*
> classes/image.bbclass:97:               ln -s
> ${IMAGE_NAME}.rootfs.$type
> ${DEPLOY_DIR_IMAGE}/${IMAGE_LINK_NAME}.$type
>
> The second regression seems that the IMAGE_CMD_tar now compresses into
> .tar.bz2.
>
> conf/bitbake.conf:201:IMAGE_CMD_tar
>
> However, we have the seperate "tar.bz2" type for that.

I agree it should generate an uncompressed tarball though and poky
already has that change. I'd support changing it in OE.dev, maybe after
vetting the machine.conf files to correct any users of tar to one of the
compressed types.

Just for future reference, regression implies that it once worked which
it didn't so its just a plain bug.

Cheers,

Richard