[oe] squasfs jffs2 default image settings

Stelios Koroneos skoroneos at digital-opsis.com
Tue May 1 18:32:01 UTC 2007

After a day of "head scratching" i realized the the reason an image i was
building, failed to load on a powerpc target was that the default settings
for squashfs squashfs-lzma and jffs2 were set to little endian architecture

//snip from  bitbake.conf

EXTRA_IMAGECMD_jffs2 = "--pad --little-endian --eraseblock=0x40000"
EXTRA_IMAGECMD_squashfs = "-le -b 16384"
EXTRA_IMAGECMD_squashfs-lzma = "-le -b 16384"

These look like they were set for a specific machine (maybe i am wrong), but
shouldn't the default settings be at least architecture neutral ?
(Even the block sizes shouldn't be defined there as a machine might be
better suited by another size)

Any objections to have EXTRA_IMAGECMD for these types of images default to
no specific settings  ?

Stelios S. Koroneos

Digital OPSiS - Embedded Inteligence
http://www.digital-opsis.com