[oe] generating debian source packages (dsc)

Rodrigo Vivi rodrigo.vivi at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:04:39 UTC 2007

Hi all,

I'm trying to code a bbclass to build debian source packages, because
I need these files under mamona repository:

 * .dsc - debian source package control file
 * .orig.tar.gz - Original source package
 * .diff.gz - patches that we apply

Since this is my first bbclass I need some help to figure some doubts out.

first of all I've created a package_dsc task and added it before do_configure.

This task creates the debian/control and debian/changelog file that
dpkg-source ask for dsc generation. I know that I need to generate the
debian/rules file too because without it the dsc will not be usefull.
But this is not my real problem yet.

The current problem that I'm trying to solve and need help is the following:

before the do_configure all packages have a .pc dir that is not under
orig.tar.gz file neither inside some patch breaking the dpkg-source
but that is pretty easy to ignore doing
$dpkg-source -i"\.pc" ...
But glibc has a ports directory that is not under orig.tar.gz neither
under patches so I need to ignore this file too. And I know that is
NOT a good idea to ignore it doing
dpkg-source  -i"\.pc|ports"
And I've noticed that there are another files that breaks dpkg-source...
like util-linux_2.12r-12.diff.gz under patches dir of util-linux

I'm thinking to create a exclude-list or a dictionary to have an
exclude-list for each package. What do you thing about it? Do you know
a better and simplest way to do this?

I'm anexing my bbclass file in case you want to have a look and help me! ;)

Thanks,
Best Regards,
Vivi.