[oe] gstreamer obsoleted recipes

Manuel Teira manuel.teira at telefonica.net
Sun May 6 20:17:51 UTC 2007

Hello all.

I've recently added some recipes for gstreamer and gst-plugins-[good|
bad|ugly|...] in order to build the last stable releases of this
software. I've seen that there are a lot of "old" stable releases that
if nobody is needing, we could sanely delete from the repository.

My plan is to only left the last stable version for all the related
packages, so, we would keep only the following recipes, in the directory
gstreamer:

gst-ffmpeg_0.10.2.bb
gst-plugins-base_0.10.12.bb
gst-plugins-good_0.10.5.bb
gst-plugins-ugly_0.10.5.bb
gstreamer_0.10.12.bb

The only distro that seems to depend on  a fixed gstreamer version
(0.10.11) is angstrom. But I assume that we can upgrade that requirement
to 0.10.12 without problems.

If nobody disagree, I will proceed with the gstreamer cleanup the next
week.

Best regards.