[oe] Making /var/lib persistent

Paul Sokolovsky pmiscml at gmail.com
Thu May 10 15:00:54 UTC 2007

Hello Jamie,

Thursday, April 19, 2007, 4:49:50 AM, you wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 18, 2007 at 07:24:15AM -0700, Koen Kooi wrote:
> [...]
>> Sound like a good idea, do you have a patch for this?

> Try this out:

>   http://twibble.org/dist/oe/var-volatiles-1.patch

> I've tested it locally both with and without tmpfs mounted on
> /var/volatile and all seems to work as expected.

        Any news on this? I've been running with this patch soon since
its original post and don't see any issues. One small nuisance is that
ls -l /var/log doesn't show what you want, but hardly something can be
done about that, plus shell completion uses /var/log/ immediately.

        I suggest committing this patch.

[]

--
Best regards,