[oe] RFD: Bugzilla in general & bug triaging

Rolf Leggewie no2spam at nospam.arcornews.de
Mon May 14 10:28:30 UTC 2007

Rolf Leggewie wrote:
> Thank you Graeme for raising this issue.  It is something I meant to
> discuss earlier but never found enough time to think it through and
> write up something.  I still have not thought it through, but here it goes.

I have asked and been granted greater powers on bugzilla.  There are
features which we don't use yet but which could aid in establishing a
sane workflow while rendering unnecessary the current clutches and
ad-hoc fixes.

Bugzilla will be upgraded soon and no structural changes will be made
until that is completed.  But that leaves us some good time to think
about how this should be enhanced.

Things I'd like to see
* confirmation flags
* better documentation of workflow status (need to define it first)
* assigning bugs (or if you prefer "Hey, please take a look")
* link to some bug searches like the ones I send about 5 minutes ago
   on the entry page
* entry page clean-up (why two search fields?)
* removal of dead stuff (ZaurusKernel, Familiar)

Please add to the list.  The most important point is the second.  That
is what we should discuss.