[oe] OpenEmbedded insist on downloading existing package

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Sun May 20 21:47:58 UTC 2007

Am 26.05.2007 um 23:07 schrieb Ulf Samuelsson:

> I have defined the download location to and
> I have linux-2.6.21.1.tar.bz2 in this directory.
>
> OpenEmbedded seems to ignore this and insists on *downloading*
> linux-2.6.21.1.tar.bz2 before use.
>
> - This is no fun.
>
> Anything that can be done?

Well,

you play with the guts and hope it is working. First you need to have
a filename.md5 in the same directory otherwise the fetcher will
continue fetching (this is what you see) and then you might need to
add a fetched stamp. As this stamp gets created  when the md5sum/
sha256sum was verified.

I don't know your reasoning but there must be a better answer to your
problem.

z.