[oe] Problem wt. perl-native building for PXA

Nils Faerber nils.faerber at kernelconcepts.de
Mon May 21 23:34:59 UTC 2007

Richard Purdie schrieb:
> Hi,
Hi!

> On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 01:05 +0200, Nils Faerber wrote:
>> I am encountering a strange problem while trying to build Angstrom for
>> PXA (for LinuxTag demo purposes). While we have some other machines
>> building it with the same version of OE and Bitbake just fine it fails
>> on my notebook (but I would like to be able to rebuild it directly at
>> LinuxTag, thus the question).
>> My machine has Ubuntu feisty installed. I am using Bitbake 1.8 from SVN
>> and an OE checkout from today.
>>
>> What happens is that the build works quite well until it comes to
>> perl-native-5.8.8-r7. There it fails with the following error:
>
> I'm not familiar with the error but what does /bin/sh point at?
>
> If its dash, try bash as dash causes no end of headaches.

Is tihs Ubuntu?
I did never recognise this, but you are perfectly right with your
assumption, sh -> dash.

Gee, hey look, now it works!!!
This dash thing should be tarred and feathered ;)

Many thanks!

> Cheers,
> Richard
Cheers
  nils faerber

--
kernel concepts GbR      Tel: +49-271-771091-12
Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48  Fax: +49-271-771091-19