[oe] RFC: Rename MACHINE_TASK_PROVIDER to DEFAULT_TASK_PROVIDER

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at hrw.one.pl
Sun May 27 14:30:16 UTC 2007

Dnia wtorek, 1 maja 2007, Rod Whitby napisał:

> The proposal is to replace MACHINE_TASK_PROVIDER with
> DEFAULT_TASK_PROVIDER throughout OE, and encourage all image-foo.bb
> maintainers to base their image on DEFAULT_TASK_PROVIDER (which can be
> set to task-boot, or task-base, or perhaps some other distro-specific
> single task-foo value), plus other image-specific stuff.

DEFAULT_TASK_PROVIDER is good idea for me. I would like to merge it with
my proposal change to task-base (adding wifi/bt for pcmcia/usbhost/pci
devices) in a way that we will have:

- task-boot
- task-base
- task-base-extended (wifi/bt added for pcmcia/usbhost/pci machines)

This way we will be able to create images with wifi/bt support for PDA
with pcmcia but no internal wifi/bt by using task-base-extended as
DEFAULT_TASK_PROVIDER (set in distro config) and devices with smaller
amount of space for rootfs will get task-base so users will be free to
install extra stuff.

What do you think?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

               Life's not fair. But the root password helps.