[oe] FOSDEM 2008: Call for Devrooms and Stands

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at vanille-media.de
Mon Nov 5 22:39:52 UTC 2007

On behalf of the OpenEmbedded team we would like to ask for a booth at
FOSDEM 2008. Here is the relevant information as per your call for stands:

> Project name
OpenEmbedded

http://www.openembedded.org

> Description of the project(s) (will be put on website when accepted)
OpenEmbedded is a full-featured distribution build environment allowing users to
target a wide variety of (embedded) devices. OpenEmbedded provides the
infrastructure and technology to build embedded Linux distributions such as
Angstrom, OpenMoko, OpenSlug, OpenZaurus, and many more.

> Name of stand responsible and your role in the project:
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer, co-founder and core team member.

> A short description of the activities you plan to do on your stand (demoing applications, handing out information or media, ...)
We will show OpenEmbedded-built Linux on a variety of embedded devices,
phones, PDAs, network routers, development boards, you name it. We
will also hand out an information brochure.

> Whether you would like 2 tables in stead of one, your motivation for the second one:

Last year's appeareance was a big success and we had tons
of interested people coming by to talk to us.
In fact we had so many visitors that they sometimes blocked the
hallway and made it a bit uncomfortable for the booths next to us. So,
if we are to get a booth next year, it would be just great if it could
be a tad bit larger than this year, i.e. two tables. That would also
leave room for more of gadgets for visitors to play with ;)

P.S. It would also be quite nice to have us near the Embedded room, since
we share the same audience and then people could just go forth and
backwards without having to walk too far.

Thanks for considering us.

Regards,

:M:
--