[oe] [doc] Standard libs API

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 16:29:04 UTC 2007

To leverage off of people knowledge of python, I am looking at what
functionality each class makes available.  My concept is that each
classes is a module which: inherits from other class, adds tasks,
exports bitbake methods, and exports python methods.

Attached is a pdf of the section headers for some of the key classes.
(base is incomplete)

I have three questions.

1. What classes would you, as developers, feel are standard classes and
should be covered here?  The classes I have included were just from a
quick look through.

2.  Should I go through and start working on standardizing method
naming?  ie oenote becomes either oe_note(should add class oe to hold
oe_ methods or base_note.(because it is
class base)

3.  Should I add notion of scope by making some methods private.  It
does not appear that there is the capability of defining scope in bb
currently.  I was thinking private methods would have the decorator __
as a prefix.  Private mean not documented
for now.