[oe] Overriding package config files in OE

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 13:04:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

Koen Kooi wrote:

> Cliff Brake schreef:

>>> I think that having an overlay set up as a high priority collection does
>>> work.
>>>
>> I was referring to the case where I only put the files directory in
>> the overlay -- not the entire recipe directory.  I have not tried this
>> lately and will do so the next time I get a chance.

Only copying files, and not the recipes, to an overlay, does not work.

It would be quite nice, but I understand the complexities if every FILE
has to be
search for in all the collections.

The current behaviour is, as I understand:

If no PREFERED_VERSION, select highest version of a package, else
PREFERED_VERSION.
Iterate through collections by priority, select the collection that
provides the "package-version".
Use that collection as the base directory for accessing FILES.

> You could also do it the openmoko way by defining extra overrides and
> using those in FILESPATH.

Thanks, will look into this as well,

Regards,

Leon Woestenberg.