[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Tue Nov 20 17:04:06 UTC 2007

Dnia wtorek, 20 listopada 2007, Mike (mwester) napisał:

> I ask the OE team why are they are philosophically opposed to driving
> bitbake with make?

I am ok with something like "make update" or "make setup" which will
update BitBake/OE and prepare environment to do builds. But "make
build-package-with-this-name" scares me as this overcomplicate things for
me.

In time when OpenMoko used own makefile (OM-2007.1) I used it because it
took all "you need this overlay" etc crap from me. But only to setup and
update - I did builds with calling BitBake by hand (after sourcing
generated "setup-env" script).

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

        What a strange game. The only winning move is not to play.
        		-- WOPR, "War Games"