[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Tue Nov 20 20:38:32 UTC 2007

Make reads it's behavior from a Makefile.

Bitbake contains specific behaviors and reads some configuration from disk.

I don't think they are very similar. I kind of like not caring where I
run bitbake from and being able to switch build trees by changing the
environment.

Although I do see some merits to Tim's question, especially if it solves
real-world problems.  (I mean really solve, not just mask)

Philip