[oe] Getting Started -Makefile

Philip Balister philip at balister.org
Wed Nov 21 19:32:14 UTC 2007

Tim Bird wrote:
> I have sensed that OE seems squarely targeted
> at distro developers rather than end users.  Maybe this is
> the disconnect.  The use cases for OE for developers and
> users will be quite different.

This is a key observation. OE is targeted at people solving the problem
of creating distro's for machines, not people developing software for
these machines (we'll call these people "users").

I believe everyone agrees OE is not an ideal solution for users. What we
do not agree on is the best way to support users.

Philip