[oe] [oe-commits] org.oe.dev SlugOS: ixp4xx-kernel - added 2.6.23.8 recipe and supporting files. (Note that

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 21:51:27 UTC 2007

Hello all,

On Nov 23, 2007 7:24 PM, Mike (mwester) <mwester at dls.net> wrote:
> Koen Kooi writes:
> > mwester commit schreef:
> > > SlugOS: ixp4xx-kernel - added 2.6.23.8 recipe and supporting files.
> (Note that
> > > SlugOS still selects 2.6.21 as the preferred version for now.)
> >
> > Why am I forced to download a 40MB 2.6.23.8 tarball instead of the small
> > 2.6.23.8 patch? I already have 2.6.23 in DL_DIR.
>
> The set of developers that will actually be using that recipe is
> extraordinarily small (two at present), so the relative benefit of such

Sorry, this seems to be some misconception amongst the nslu2
developers. The use base
for the mainline bleeding edge kernels is much larger*. I assume that
every active board
developer want to try and verify the new kernels against his hardware
*and* is using OpenEmbedded
to do so ;-)

Regards, Leon.

*ok, so more than two, maybe three :-)