[oe] OE/snapshots is not really for different mtn ver.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri Nov 30 02:30:42 UTC 2007

On 2007-11-29, Koen Kooi <k.kooi at student.utwente.nl> wrote:

> John Lee schreef:
>> Hi List,
>>
>> I just found out that stuffs under
>> http://www.openembedded.org/snapshots/ are not really for different
>> version of monotone.
>>
>> Actually, 0.33 and 0.34 are both for mtn 0.32
>
> And the 0.32 snapshot should work with the 0.31, 0.32 and 0.33 monotone
> versions. Only monotone version 0.30, 0.32 and 0.34 introduced changes
> in database layout (the 0.30 and 0.32 being intrusive, the 0.34 one only
> takes a few  seconds). The symlinks were added to stop freaking out
> users that didn't bother to read the UPGRADE file on monotone.ca and to
> save Rod from adding a shitload of logic to the makefiles.
>
> The 0.34 symlink error has been correct, thanks for spotting that! I'm
> not sure why the 0.33 one fails, though. They are now being generated by
> their own mtn binaries, so the problems should have been solved now, at
> the expense of some diskspace.

Neither 0.35 nor 0.36 bz2 files will unpack (they're corrupted).
The 0.35 file fails md5 checksum, and the 36 md5 file has the
filename for the 0.35 version.  Things appear to be thouroughly
hosed up.  I can't seem to get an un-bzippable snapshot for any
version of monotone that I can install.

Where can one get a good snapshot?

--
Grant Edwards