[oe] monotone/git (was hello...)

Michael Krelin hacker at klever.net
Thu Oct 4 19:08:37 UTC 2007

> That's not correct.  You can push to a git repository over http/webdav
> to an apache2 server.

That's right, but I guess you also know of drawbacks of this method. To
mention one, having webdav *only* for push is somewhat strange, but
since at push time no hooks will be executed (which sucks by itself),
including update-server-info, the repository won't be quite
dumb-protocol-ready.

In short, your statement is theoretically correct, but the fact you
mentioned doesn't change anything.

I think I've heard about some patch providing push over git protocol,
which was dropped due to the lack of ssl connection support and there
were talks about reinstating it along with adding ssl support. But I
don't remember any details.

Love,