[oe] monotone/git (was hello...)

Chris Larson clarson at kergoth.com
Thu Oct 4 19:27:58 UTC 2007

On 10/4/07, Michael Krelin <hacker at klever.net> wrote:
> > The only difficulty I've seen with it, in hosting my own projects, is
> > interrupted pushes.  An interrupted push seems able to leave behind a
> > stale webdav lock, which has to be manually fixed.. but that's more of
> > a webdav with apache issue than anything else.  Beyond that, you just
> > need to ensure your permissions are correct, and set the config
> > parameter on the repositories to indicate that they're shared, and set
> > a hook script to executable so it can add metadata to the repo on
> > pushes.
>
> Wait, how do you execute a hook when pushing via webdav?

post-update is executed in the remote repository when pushing to it.
In fact, the default post-update script in a new git init'd repository
is just a script that calls git-update-server-info, so all you have to
do is chmod +x foo.git/hooks/post-update and call it a day.  It works
just fine.
--
Chris Larson - clarson at kergoth dot com
Dedicated Engineer - MontaVista - clarson at mvista dot com