[oe] oe for two target boards at the same time

Cliff Brake cliff.brake at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 13:57:44 UTC 2007

> Hi all
>
> How do I setup my directory structure to use oe for two target boards.
>
> I have an AVR32 board and an AT91 board and would like to use oe for
> both of them with at less dublicated software as possible.

As these are different architectures, I don't think you can use
multimachine.  What I typically do is just set up a system where I
share a common overlay (bbcollections), the openembedded directory,
and downloads directory.  The nslu2 master makefile what I started
with, but there are other ways.  Soft links are used to link the
common directories.  EG:

  openembedded
  openembedded.custom (bb collections overlay)
  bitbake
  downloads
  projectA
       openembedded.custom -> ../openembedded.custom
       openembedded -> ../openembedded
       bitbake -> ../bitbake
       downloads -> ../downloads
       tmp
       conf
  projectB
       openembedded.custom -> ../openembedded.custom
       openembedded -> ../openembedded
       bitbake -> ../bitbake
       downloads -> ../downloads
       tmp
       conf

I'd be interested in hearing how others set up their build directory.

Thanks,
Cliff