[oe] oe for two target boards at the same time

Graeme Gregory dp at xora.org.uk
Tue Oct 9 11:49:29 UTC 2007

On Tue, 9 Oct 2007 13:18:12 +0200
Graeme Gregory <dp at xora.org.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 09 Oct 2007 12:36:22 +0200
> Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> > The issue should be fixed. I regularly make builds with a MACHINE ?=
> > entry but with MACHINE set in the environment too and it all seems
> > to work.
> >
> > People keep telling me there is a problem but I've not seen any
> > reproducible test case...
> >

> NOTE: package binutils-cross-2.18-r0: task do_populate_staging:
> completed
>
> looks fixed to me, I never used to be able to do this.

Spoke too soon

checking for libc-friendly stddef.h... yes
checking whether we need to use -P to assemble .S files... no
checking whether .text pseudo-op must be used... yes
checking for assembler global-symbol directive... .globl
checking for .set assembler directive... no
checking for assembler .type directive prefix... %
checking for .symver assembler directive... yes
checking for ld --version-script... no
*** WARNING: You should not compile GNU libc without versioning. Not
using *** versioning will introduce incompatibilities so that old
binaries *** will not run anymore.
*** For versioning you need recent binutils (binutils-2.8.1.0.23 or
newer). checking for .previous assembler directive... yes
checking for .protected and .hidden assembler directive... yes
checking whether __attribute__((visibility())) is supported... yes
checking for broken __attribute__((visibility()))... no
checking for broken __attribute__((alias()))... no
checking whether to put _rtld_local into .sdata section... no
checking for arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-readelf...
arm-angstrom-linux-gnueabi-re adelf
checking for .preinit_array/.init_array/.fini_array support... no
configure: error: Need linker with .init_array/.fini_array support.
FATAL: oe_runconf failed

This is what happens if MACHINE=spitz bitbake angstrom-devel-image

Graeme