[oe] Patches to svn based recipes

Philippe De Swert philippedeswert at scarlet.be
Tue Oct 16 13:02:18 UTC 2007

Hi all!

> Could people please stop doing stuff like:
>
> openmoko-panel-bt_svn.bb: Drop panel-bluetooth.patch, as it was applied upstream
> # delete "packages/openmoko-panel-plugins/files/panel-bluetooth.patch"
>
> openmoko-dialer2_svn.bb : patch is now applied upstream
> - -SRC_URI += "file://openmoko-dialer.patch;patch=1"
>
> matchbox-keyboard: Bump svn revision and remove some patches in the bb file
> since these patches were applied upstream.
> - -        file://matchbox-keyboard-applet.patch;patch=1;pnum=0 \
> - -	file://matchbox-keyboard-hide-delay.patch;patch=1"
>
> And use ;minrev= and ;maxrev=. Removing patches makes regression testing and
building
> older versions impossible.

Ok. So all those things are forbidden. Good. So what are we expected to write
in the commit message then? It is usually much more useful to also specify the
expected behaviour when listing the unwanted one.

Thanks,

Philippe
---
Scarlet One, ADSL 6 Mbps + Telephone, from EUR 29,95...
http://www.scarlet.be/