[oe] Cleaning up SDK/Toolchain

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickeyl at linuxtogo.org
Wed Oct 17 13:25:24 UTC 2007

On OEDEM we talked about SDK and Toolchain issues. Richard Purdie
recently merged Poky's meta-toolchain package plus the infrastructure
that enables OE building external toolchains for usage with or without
OpenEmbedded.

In order to make this a bit more clean, we'd like to remove some of
the older meta-sdk packages, if no one objects. If you are still using
the meta-sdk packages, could you merge them towards using
meta-toolchain?

Adding custom packages to the meta-toolchain should just be a matter
of overriding TOOLCHAIN_TARGET_TASK now.

Regards,

:M:
--
Michael 'Mickey' Lauer | IT-Freelancer | http://www.vanille-media.de