[oe] Checksums update

Marcin Juszkiewicz openembedded at haerwu.biz
Thu Oct 18 11:22:20 UTC 2007

As some of you know during OpenEmbedded builds there is checksums checking
(in do_fetch task). We have list of checksums stored in metadata in
conf/checksums.ini file.

But not all sources are covered there. I added some code into base.bbclass
to automatically generate TMPDIR/checksums.ini with data for missing
sources. Please review its output after building and commit/submit new
entries. But please do not submit entries for files which are generated
daily (source snapshots for example) as they are useless.

Another thing is getting sure that already fetched sources are the proper
ones. I pushed script into contrib/source-checker/ which was written for
this task. Simply run it with OE conf/checksums.ini against your sources
(DL_DIR directory). If any archive is wrong then this script will tell
you that. To confirm does it really apply (OE conf/checksums.ini contain
some bugs) please fetch archive from it's location, generate md5 and
sha256 and compare against checksums.ini file. Please commit/submit any
fixed entries.

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
OpenEmbedded developer/consultant

     If you can't learn to do it well, learn to enjoy doing it badly.
     		-- Ashleigh Brilliant