[oe] RFC: Kexec Cmdline Support

Hans Henry von Tresckow hvontres at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 20:46:56 UTC 2007

On 10/19/07, Uli Luckas <luckas at musoft.de> wrote:

> Am Tuesday, 9. October 2007 schrieb Hans Henry von Tresckow:
> > Ok, I have tested your patch and it works very well. I think the only
> real
> > stumbling block left is figuring out a way to get the base address for
> the
> > ATAG list without hard-coding it. I think if we can somehow access the
> > machine_desc structure in the kernel from user space, this would be
> easy.
> > Unfortunately I am not very good at kernel hacking yet, so if you or
> > someone else on the list has an idea, please let me know.
>
> Hi Henry,
> sorry for letting you wait so long. I am out of office until 10/29. After
> that
> I can provide a kernel patch to export the ATAG list's base address and
> also
> the old ATAG list. For now the patch will be against 2.6.21 though, as I
> don't have a running, more recent kernel available.
>
> Regards
> Uli
>
> --
> Früher oder später emulieren wir euch
> - Linux.de

Thanks. That sounds excellent :) 2.6.21 should be OK, since it looks like
that will be the version for Angstrom 2007 iirc. I might look at backporting
it for 2.6.17 as well, since there may be some devices (Tosa due to WiFi
issues and poodle due to the display getting corrupted on resume) that would
initially need to run 2.6.17.

After we beat up on that patch, are you planning on sending it upstream as
well?

--
Henry von Tresckow (hvontres)