[oe] Cleaning up SDK/Toolchain

Leon Woestenberg leon.woestenberg at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 20:46:39 UTC 2007

Hello,

On 10/22/07, Richard Purdie <rpurdie at rpsys.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-10-22 at 17:34 +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Richard Purdie schreef:
> > > * We implement packaged staging and only stage the dependencies needed
> > > for each package.
> >
> > That would be a better approach. Graeme, do you still want to have a
> > shot at implementing a unionfs based approach?
>
> Hmm. Does that need root privs?

Depending on a (virtual) filesystem is not really user-friendly, given
that it needs both a specific kernel configuration and probably root
access.

By the way, unionfs is soon deprecated by an in-kernel union mount
system, like the *BSD's already have, so the solution will be not
future-proof.

Please avoid both the unionfs solution, or the future union mount
options for OpenEmbedded user space.

Regards,

Leon.