[oe] getting started - docbook

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 05:01:42 UTC 2007

On Mon, Oct 22, 2007 at 09:14:33AM +0200, Koen Kooi wrote:
> > Would you it be useful if I cleaned up the wiki and converted it to
> > docbook for inclusion in the manual?
>
> Yes! yes! YES!!!!

Ok, I'll start putting a drop in replacement for the existing getting
started chapter based on my _limited_ experience, the gettingstarted
wiki, and questions frequent questions in the users ML.

Time permitting, I will submit a draft on Monday.  Bob, thanks for the
offer to proof read and test.

I am thinking about going through 4 basic steps
1. install
2. configure
3. build
4. test

I would like to use a concrete example that a user can build and
test on qemu.  Do you have a recommendation for a good machine-distro
combination that builds well and can show a potential user the capabilities of OE?

Thanks
David Farning