[oe] getting started - docbook

David Farning dfarning at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 00:19:26 UTC 2007

> I'm writing few notes on a doc just for me, called "OE Journey",
> explaining what are basic steps in OE, basic tasks, dependencies graphs,
> few examples... now it's just 10 pages, can it be useful? Should I
> continue in this ooffice doc or can be more useful to others if I change
> format (eg. wiki)???
>
> thank you,
>     phy
>
> P.S. also writing a simple .dot-graphviz files manipulator to produce
> nice graph dependencies with base packages collapsed... (was trying
> patching bitbake, but then it's much more confortable an interactive way
> like I'm doing now, in php on my localhost)

It would be very helpful to me to see your personal journey.  The
dependancy graph stuff would be very helpful. This evening I was
manually tracing some dependancy graphs.

The biggest challange is deciding on the correct terminology.
I think that I will start creating a glossary so new users can look up
terms and experienced users can use 'approved term' consistently. (to
keep the new users from getting unnecessarily confused) A bitbake
file, a recipe, and a package all seem to be the same thing.  I didn't
realize that they were all the same thing until this afternoon.

Thanks
David Farning